Thursday, December 15, 2011

Saban and the gang - part 2

Main

I now want to talk about the evil brothers Nuri T and Pehlul T, who both belonged to the gang of Saban B. They are cousins of Saban B. Nuri T is also known as Monti.

Nuri T led the way for the rest of the gang. He was the first to come with his girlfriend to De Wallen in Amsterdam around 1998. A couple of months later Saban and Hasan followed suit. They probably became the biggest forced prostitution gang in Amsterdam, with over 30 pimps. It ended in February 2007 with the arrest of Saban and many other pimps. Although still some bodyguards remained who terrorized the girls.

I want to quote from two verdicts that you can find on rechtspraak.nl. Those verdicts have the LJN-numbers: BP5092 and BP7250. The first is about Nuri T, the latter about Pehlul T. Those two verdicts show many overlaps, because the activities of the two brothers strongly intertwine. You can find the files here:

http://www.rechtspraak.nl/ljn.asp?ljn=BP5092

http://www.rechtspraak.nl/ljn.asp?ljn=BP7250

Obviously all the testimonies are "soberly represented" and not literal representations. They have been tampered with by the people of the court to make them more readable. Actually, that's true for all testimonies in the verdict files on rechtspraak.nl, except for the wiretapped telephone conversations. There are many wiretapped telephone conversations in the verdicts of the two brothers, but I will mostly skip them because they are so chaotic. But they do provide extra evidence in case you don't believe the stories told by the women.

And now some translated bits from LJN BP5092 (I changed the introductory lines by the way, and I completed some of the first names of the pimps):

Means of evidence for [person 24] (facts 1 and 2)

1. The testimony of [person 24], born in 1976 (October 22, 2009):

I am still working in prostitution and I do that since the age of 20. I have met [suspect Nuri T] in Germany while I was 21 1/2 years old.

2.
Dropped

3. The testimony of [person 75] (January 26, 2010):

When the examining judge asks me how I know how he treats women then I say that I have often visited his wife [person 24]. When the examining judge asks me to further exemplify how [suspect Nuri T] treats women and how I know that, then I say that the fingertips of [person 24] literally fell off and she went working anyway. During the morning she went with the train to Dortmund, 06.00 hours in the morning, to let pins put into her neck as part of a checkup and that evening she was working again.
Regarding this, I want to exemplify that [person 24] was dependent on [suspect Nuri T]. When the examining judge asks me what I mean with dependent, then I say that she was completely infatuated with [suspect Nuri T]. She didn't see [suspect Nuri T] for three weeks, because he stayed with other girlfriends and when she saw him then, she was in seventh heaven and she addressed him as "Askim", which means "my great love". [Person 24] was brought from and to her work. De Wallen was her life. She worked until seven o'clock in the morning, went to bed after that, and woke up again at 10 o'clock. During the afternoon she went working again.

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

5. The testimony of [person 28] (September 27, 2010):

After three or four weeks I went working in prostitution. I started on Thursday in November 2006. I repeatedly sent money from the Netherlands to Turkey and sometimes I also brought money from [person 24] with me. [Suspect Nuri T] was a fugitive. He constantly needed money. [Suspect Nuri T] had no job and he lived off the money of [person 24] and me.

6. The testimony of [person 4] (February 9, 2010):

[Suspect Nuri T] is married to [person 24]. I got to know him shortly after I got to know [suspect Saban B]. That was in 2000 or 2001.
When you ask me if I know what the source of income is of [suspect Nuri T], then I say: "Yes". Initially it was [person 24]. When you ask me to clarify this then I say that she worked for him in prostitution in Amsterdam. [Person 24] would have done everything for him. She preferably would have stood for 24 hours behind the window if that was possible. She wanted to offer him a life in gold. I mean with this that she wanted to offer him the same life as [suspect Saban B] also had.
When you ask me how I know that [suspect Nuri T] took money from [person 24] and [person 32], then I say that they both told me that.
When you ask me if I was sometimes present when [suspect Nuri T], like I have said, took money from one of these girls, then I say the following.
I was present there in the house of [suspect Nuri T] and [person 24], that [suspect Nuri T] said to [person 24]: "Honey, where have you left the money?".
When you ask me how long I worked in the Netherlands in prostitution, then I say that for the first time it was from October 2000 until April 2001. Then I became pregnant. After this, I believe from September 2004 until December 2004. I have spoken [person 24] for the last time during my pregnancy. That was in the summer of 2002.

7. A report of a police officer (February 23, 2006)

On February 23, 2006 I, officer, was approached by [person 55]. He declared the following. [Person 130] and [suspect Deniz S] work for [suspect Nuri T] and [suspect Ufuk T]. They have approximately ten girls working for them on De Wallen. In any case [person 24]. The girls that work for [suspect Nuri T] and [suspect Ufuk T], pay for their protection to [suspect Deniz S] and [person 130] approximately 750 euro per week.

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

18. The testimony of [person 4] (November 22, 2007):

You ask me if I know something about the relationship between [person 24] and [suspect Nuri T]. What I know is that both were married and what I know that once in September 18, 2002 I picked her up from her work. She then had a high fever and she wasn't able to work anymore. I believe she had a fever of 40 degrees Celsius. I then picked her up and when I dropped her off at home, [suspect Nuri T] was very angry at her that she wasn't working. He believed that she simulated her illness. Even though you could clearly see that she really was ill. I also remember that [suspect Nuri T] was very angry that she went home just like that and wasn't working anymore.

Means of evidence for fact 2 ([person 28])

1. The testimony of [person 28] (May 20, 2010):

Mid-November 2006 I got to know [suspect Nuri T]. He has a nickname [suspect Nuri T]. He would be able to arrange something so that I could also work in prostitution. I told him about my private circumstances. That I needed money because of debts and the interior of a new house. That's why I was willing to do activities in prostitution. I went to have a conversation with him assuming that he could help me to have a job in prostitution. In the days after this, we mixed often with each other. We had sex with each other. It was a little bit more than only a little sexual adventure. We had something like a start-up of a relationship. In between we sent a lot of SMS text messages to each other. After more than two weeks I went to Geleen and [suspect Nuri T] reported to me that he had a room for me. A room to work as a prostitute. I then sent an SMS text message that actually I didn't want to do that work, that actually I wanted to back off from it anyway. I then also sent an SMS text message that I did hope that we could still mix with each other all the same, despite my decision that I didn't want to start working as a prostitute, because I did like him anyway. I didn't want to anymore, but [suspect Nuri T] wanted me to do it anyway.
As a result of the several SMS text messages, [suspect Nuri T] phoned to me and spoke to me about how I believed to get rid of my debts and how I wanted to pay my house now. He indicated to me that he was going to pick me up. After some conversations I gave my permission. I actually let me be persuaded. After this, [suspect Nuri T] immediately came to Geleen to pick me up. The next day I did actually start to work in prostitution. I was with [suspect Nuri T] in the sunbed studio. At the end of the afternoon, [suspect Ufuk T] and [person 40] came there. [Suspect Ufuk T] has a surname that begins with [….] or something like that (phonetically). In the course of the day we then went to De Wallen. [Suspect Nuri T] didn't attend this. [Suspect Ufuk T] and [person 40] accompanied me. [Suspect Ufuk T] dropped us off. [Suspect Nuri T] has said to me that I didn't have to worry, but that [person 40] would explain everything to me.
After arriving on De Wallen, a window was rented next to [person 40], that is number 79, Oudezijdsvoorburgwal in Amsterdam. [Person 40] has explained to me that I had to ask 50 euro for 20 minutes of sexual acts. From that moment on, mid-November 2006 until mid-February 2010, I have structurally worked as a prostitute. Of the money that I earned I have paid rent for my apartment. I have handed over all the rest of the money that was left to [suspect Nuri T], who would save it. In my view we had a sort of steady relationship during that whole time. I went to Turkey multiple times. For two years I have been by turns for one week in the Netherlands and for one week in Turkey. The last year I mostly was for two months in the Netherlands and approximately one week in Turkey. When I went to [suspect Nuri T] in Turkey I always brought money with me for him. The money that I earned in prostitution.

Remark by officer:
Prior to this interrogation the complainant indicated that in the past she had a tattoo placed on her back. We officers also have seen this multiple times in the past, because this tattoo was very striking. Also because of the text that was mentioned with it, that is "Property of [Monti]". At this moment the complainant is busy removing this text. Photos of the former tattoo have been stored by the complainant on her own private computer. She has made them available to the officers. A photo has also been made by the second officer of the tattoo like it is at the present moment.

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

3. The testimony of [person 28]:

I have written the SMS text messages that are present on page 46J/24749 to [suspect Nuri T]. I used [N] or [L] as a nickname. I came into contact with [suspect Nuri T]. Initially I did want to work in prostitution, but the more I thought about it, I didn't want it anyway. I was supposed to be working in Amsterdam. [Suspect Nuri T] persuaded me to start working anyway. He said that I couldn't do that because he had already arranged a room. I started mid-November 2006. He wanted to have money again and again. I repeatedly was supposed to stop with working as a prostitute, but again and again I had to keep on working. Even though it was my money, I saw nothing back of it. [Person 24] did also arrange the room. I put the money in the closet at home. [Suspect Saban B] has been apprehended earlier than [person 113]. We were in Turkey at that moment. [Suspect Nuri T] didn't return to the Netherlands with me. When [suspect Nuri T] still was in the Netherlands he simply took the money, but he asked for it from the moment he resided in Turkey. I repeatedly brought money from the Netherlands to Turkey and sometimes I also brought money from [person 24].
At the beginning that I worked I was brought by taxi. After a couple of months I started to pay money to the bodyguard, namely €100 per week. [Suspect Nuri T] said that. The first three months [suspect Nuri T] kept me away from my mother.
I had a tattoo placed on me. Together with [suspect Nuri T] I went to the tattoo shop. The tattoo became 'Property of [Monti]'. I did find that text beautiful, but it wasn't my choice. I did want a tattoo myself, but not with the text Property of [Monti]. I had the tattoo placed in the beginning of our relationship. I believe that has been in December 2006. At that time I was madly in love with him.
File 16 is given to me. I can say about this that on photos 13 and 25 [suspect Nuri T] is depicted. I did also name [suspect Nuri T] Askim. [Suspect Nuri T] was his nickname. [Suspect Nuri T] used the identity of [O.F.T.].
In the beginning the bodyguard, the unlicensed taxi driver and the like were arranged. I accompanied the girls. I was persuaded by [suspect Nuri T] to work in prostitution anyway, while I didn't want to anymore. I wanted to work with the idea that the money was for myself.
I put down the money like I said. I did what all girls did. That was in the beginning and I wanted to join in with them. They also handed over their money and I adopted their habits. You are being played off against one another. I don't know why I gave the money to [suspect Nuri T]. He made promises, made plans for the future. I only was supposed to work for one year and then we were supposed to live in Turkey. He would open a shop for me, we would make babies and the like. I then wouldn't need to work anymore in Turkey. That's why I handed over the money.
When I came to Amsterdam I have eaten in a restaurant with [suspect Nuri T]. Two or three days later I came back and we also had sex then. [Suspect Nuri T] and I entered into a relationship. I was in love with him. I let myself be persuaded by [suspect Nuri T] to start working. I heard that much money could be made. I then could pay off my debts. I fell for the beautiful words. I wanted to make my house beautiful, buy pieces of furniture and the like. Also the being in love played a role.
I have seen [suspect Ferruh T] beating [person 40] a couple of times and there are stories that she had to jump into the cold water. Because of these stories you actually did keep on working longer to prevent that it would also happen to you. The others talked about their men. They are all the same anyway, those men. [Person 40] said for example: "My husband doesn't agree when I go home earlier". I did also hear stories about [suspect Nuri T], but you didn't believe those stories, because that wasn't the [suspect Nuri T] then I knew. But the stories did stay in your head. I actually did try harder to do my best to make sure not to experience that and to evade problems. [Suspect Nuri T] lived off the money of [person 24] and me.
[Suspect Nuri T] arranged the room during the first day that I went working. He put me behind the window anyway. If [suspect Nuri T] wouldn't have insisted then I wouldn't have ended up in prostitution. I have sent SMS text messages that I didn't want to, but I was persuaded to work anyway. In the period November 2006 until April 2007 I haven't visited my mother. [Suspect Nuri T] then said something like "don't do it anyway, I have made plans for tomorrow".
My mother was really sick during that time and I wanted to go to her. When I was with my mother that day, [suspect Nuri T] phoned me the whole day. I then went back at 16.00 hours.

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

8. The testimony of [person 28] (May 25, 2010):

There are enough stories about the procedures of [suspect Nuri T]. One of those stories is that when a girl of [suspect Nuri T] or one of his pimps doesn't do what is assigned to her, then such a girl is visited by a client. After letting the client in, it turns out however that he isn't a client, but a person who is sent on behalf of [suspect Nuri T]. That so-called client then beats up the girl.
You ask me if this has also really happened sometimes. I can state the following about this.
Several times it has been told by [suspect Nuri T] himself, that when a girl didn't pay or when she worked under the standard price, then one visited her and beat up the girl. I took that seriously, because of the way he said that. I also have witnessed several times that [suspect Nuri T] talked with other men about this. Also in the form: "do you still remember the girl that didn't pay then". Then an explanation followed of what one did to the girl and that always boiled down to violence. The way that [suspect Nuri T] said something to me and what he said made me frightened and made a threatening impression upon me.

Means of evidence for fact 2 ([person 11])

(Comment by Donkey: I now switch to LJN BP7250)

1. The testimony of [person 11], born [1982] (January 29, 2010):

When you ask me if I have worked in prostitution, then I say not worked, forced.
I believe I started to work in prostitution when I was 22. I met [suspect Pehlul T] and I fell in love with him. He called himself [Y]. Once I had had sex with him I immediately had to work. I sometimes had to work from morning until late in the evening. When you ask me what I mean with "sometimes", then I say, that in the beginning I didn't know yet how I had to earn the amount of money and then I didn't have enough, then I had to keep on working longer. I had to earn thousand euro per day by order of [suspect Pehlul T]. When I hadn't earned enough I was beaten with a baseball bat by him, so that I went working again and earn the amount of money. I was also threatened by his brother. When you ask me how that was done the first time, then I say that [suspect Pehlul T] and the girls who already worked there had arranged a room. They immediately had a permanent room for me and that had already been paid for. [Suspect Pehlul T] said that I had to go working and that I had nothing to say about that. I was brought by a number of girls, I remember [person 24], to a room. They have explained to me what I had to do. Everywhere girls worked who belonged to them. You were only allowed to talk with a girl of the nearest brothers. When you ask me how I knew which girls I was allowed to talk to, then I say that those girls lived with us. With us in Vinkeveen. We didn't only reside in Vinkeveen, but sometimes also elsewhere. Mostly I stayed with [person 24]. I immediately had to hand over the money that I earned to [suspect Pehlul T] when I came home. When it wasn't enough, he beat me up. I regularly had bruises. Even when I had bruises, I had to work the next day. These then were camouflaged with make-up. [Person 24] did that. I once also underwent an abortion and the day after the abortion was carried out I had to work again. I still bled. When you ask me what I earned on average per day, then I say that in the beginning I wasn't so good yet. I then earned between five hundred and six hundred per day. Initially I worked from 10 o'clock in the morning until four or five o'clock at night, but obviously with a break of course. Later, when I found out that I could steal from clients and learned how that was done, I worked from seven o'clock in the evening until five or six o'clock in the morning. When you ask me who determined the working hours, then I say: "He". Sometimes it was very bad on weekdays during the daytime. That's why those girls have also learned me to steal, because in the morning I was too tired, overburdened. When I said something about this then he screamed that he would come to me. He said that he would kill me if I didn't do what he wanted. Then I continued with working again. When you ask me which days of the week I worked, then I say that I worked from Monday until Sunday. Every now and then I had a day off, but actually I preferred to work every day and I wasn't home with him, because he was so violent. I have worked until the age of twenty-five. I have worked for approximately three years. When you ask me what the reason was to stop, then I say the following. [Suspect Pehlul T] had a false passport. That belonged to a man in Germany, with whom he had agreed that he was allowed to use his name. In Turkey I was forcibly married to [suspect Pehlul T], so that he could get a Dutch passport. It so happened that his passport had expired or something like that, he couldn't go back to the Netherlands. His brother was able to do that, then I mean his big brother and I prefer not to name a name. After I was beaten up by [suspect Pehlul T] and he had almost killed me, I immediately lodged a complaint to the police after that. He then found me back again. They then guarded me and I wasn't able to go anywhere without being guarded. I was brought by a bodyguard from and to a special taxi which picked me up and brought me away. A Turkish taxi brought us to the Zeedijk. From there we were escorted to our room by a bodyguard. We then went to Turkey and then I married [suspect Pehlul T]. At a certain moment I obviously had to work again. The money had been used up again. I then took a flight back to the Netherlands and I was picked up by another brother, [F]. I was with [person 28] in the house and when she was away and I stayed home alone, I could get away. I took my suitcases and went to my aunt. [Person 28] had brought my money to Turkey. The brother of [suspect Pehlul T] preyed on me, by he also had problems in the Netherlands. I'm then talking about his big brother. I mean [Monti] with this. They have been at the door of my aunt multiple times. I then mean [Monti]. He has threatened to set fire to my aunt. He didn't come alone at the door. Other people were also present. My aunt has said to me that it were more. I haven't seen them. I then went hiding in the living room. My aunt left the door open, so I could hear them talking. My aunt has told me everything when she came into the room again.
[Suspect Pehlul T] threatened me every day. He then said that I should do my best more. I had to work so many hours per day. If I wouldn't do that he beat me with an iron bar on my hands. He also beat with the flat of his hand on my pubic area. He also did sadistic things. He inserted a bottle of vodka in my vagina. He tied me up. He cut me with a knife. He beat me with a baseball bat on my head, my upper legs, my hands and my midriff. I have had four broken ribs. He also beat me with the baseball bat on my vagina. When I laid on the ground he kicked me. When you ask me how often I was beaten with a baseball bat then I say that I can't remember. It was almost every day. I was only allowed to mix with girls of the group. I very often had contact by telephone with [suspect Pehlul T] during the work. When he phoned, he asked if I was working or if I had earned enough. Sometimes I was so tired, that I asked him if I was allowed to stop. He reacted aggressively to that. Sometimes I phoned to butter up or bond with him, so that I wouldn't get a beating and he would find me sweet. He threatened to end my life with an overdose of coke. He said that I was a whore anyway and that nobody would bother about that. I cannot stand weed and he let me smoke weed sometimes. He forced me to do that, he said with an imperative voice: "smoke".
Photo 5, 53 (the court determines: [suspect Pehlul T]).
The man on this photo is [suspect Pehlul T]. I also knew him as [Y]. Photo 57 is a photo of [suspect Pehlul T] and me together, but you can't see me very well.
Photo 11 (the court determines: [Person 102]).
The man on this photo was our taxi driver. He is named [Person 102]. He was also active for them. When you did something he passed it on. I once ran away and then he told where to. They then found me and have beaten me up. That was once. I then went to the house of my aunt. He brought me there. He was paid by them, [suspect Pehlul T] and his big brother.
Photo 13 (the court determines: [suspect Nuri T).
That is the big brother. When you ask me if he knew that I worked for [suspect Pehlul T], then I say: "Of course". He is his brother. He knew everything. I would prefer not to speak about him. When you ask me why not, then I say that I am afraid of him. When you ask me why I am afraid of him, then I say that he is ten times worse than [suspect Pehlul T]. He has threatened me and also beaten me. He has said to me that he would kill me, when something happens with his brother and he would kill me. I find him dangerous. I haven't kept track of when he has threatened me, that has been multiple times. At one moment you are being threatened so often that it starts to become a habit. He has beaten me when I lived in Vinkeveen. I believe that it has been approximately four and a half years ago.
Photo 15 (the court determines: [Person 130]).
The man on this photo is [E], he was a bodyguard. That was my bodyguard. [E] knew that I worked for [suspect Pehlul T].

2. The testimony of [person 11], born [1982] (February 3, 2010):

You show me photos of the women. Multiple times I have worked certain periods with [person 24] in one room. I had to learn from [person 24] how I could make money without having sex with clients and how I could make as much money as possible and steal from the clients. Because of the woman on photo 42 (the court determines: [person 53]) I received an awful beating. We sometimes closed the curtain and then we started to have a chat with each other with a drink. One time [suspect Pehlul T] came into my room via another room, where I just had been drinking and giggling with her, with the little curtain closed. That absolutely wasn't allowed. It wasn't the plan that you went talking. You had to work. I then received an awful beating with the baseball bat because she had distracted me. I received beatings on my head and on my legs.

3. The testimony of [person 11], born [1982] (February 17 and March 3, 2010):

I have worked in prostitution in Amsterdam and in Utrecht.
I have been threatened by [suspect Pehlul T] and [suspect Nuri T] with bad consequences if I would talk to the police.
When [suspect Nuri T] came at the door, he introduced himself to my aunt as the brother of my brother. I have to add to that that he said [suspect Pehlul T]. After he had gone away my aunt described the person at the door to me. The description fitted [suspect Nuri T]. I also heard him speak at the door. She has also given photos of [suspect Pehlul T] to the police. My aunt has seen these photos before [suspect Nuri T] came at the door. These photos were in the marriage certificate that I received from Turkey.
When you ask me how often I was beaten with a baseball bat, then I say almost every day, let’s say every day during the first year. After I started to earn better it became better. A couple of times I have earned 200 or 300 euro, but then I received the worst beatings. At a certain moment 800 euro was also not enough anymore. The cars had to be paid and I had to pay the rent of Vinkeveen.
You say to me that I have stated that [suspect Pehlul T] was in Turkey sometimes and you ask me if I also had to hand over my money in this period and if that were true, how that was done. I was escorted the whole time by bodyguards. His brother [Monti] was also in the Netherlands to keep me under control. I gave the money to [suspect Ferruh T] abi where I stayed at that moment. [Suspect Ferruh T] abi sent it to Turkey.
With keeping under control I mean that I didn't go anywhere alone. I had accompaniment everywhere and always. There always was a man/bodyguard present. This could also be [suspect Nuri T]. We had our own taxis. We weren't allowed to go with the normal taxis.
They have also said to me, that when I would be caught once then I must say nothing, just persevere. They have also said to me that they could keep me imprisoned. If I would still have been with them then I wouldn't have stated this all, but luckily I'm free now.
When you ask me if [suspect Nuri T] knew of the abortion that I underwent, then I say: "Yes". I have heard [suspect Nuri T] and [suspect Pehlul T] talking together about this over the telephone.

4. The testimony of [person 72] (April 20, 2010):

He regularly phoned, after he and [person 11] had separated. With "he" I mean her husband, the husband of [person 11]. He then asked where [person 11] was. This was in the period during which she had left him. During one of these conversations I have told him that [person 11] was addicted and I have asked him if he couldn't help her get rid of that. Then he let her come over to Turkey. She has been in Turkey and after this, she had to work for him yet again. She had to play whore for him again. She didn't come to me at home again, only to drop off the suitcases. She was immediately gone again. His brother then picked her up.
After two weeks she came to me and told that she had earned eight thousand euro. She said that she had put that away and that she would save it. When she came back that eight thousand euro was gone. She was very angry and she came to me again. She told that they took away that eight thousand euro and that she didn't get that back anymore. Then she left that brother. She was threatened after that. She then was screaming on the telephone. She didn't tell me who was on the telephone, but after she ended the telephone conversation, she phoned to her husband. She then screamed to her husband that her brother threatened her so badly. She was afraid of his brother. That brother has also come at my door. That's why I knew that it was the brother of the husband of [person 11]. They always came with the four of them. They came with the two of them at my door and two stayed in the car. The latter I heard from the neighbours. He, the brother of the husband of [person 11], said to me that he would let [person 11] be killed. He said that he didn't do it himself when he wanted to shoot somebody dead, but that he let somebody do it. I have photos of the husband of [person 11] at home, but no photos of his brother. You tell me that I have stated about four men who came at the door and you ask me how often this has happened. This happened around four times. This was in the period during which [person 11] was at my home and she didn't want to work for him anymore. One time they have uttered threats, the other three times they came at the door to ask where [person 11] was.
When [person 11] was beaten by her husband in such a way that she ended up in hospital this way, I have visited her in the hospital. He had beaten her face completely to shreds. She looked terrible. He had whipped her over the body with a belt. She had welts because of that. She was able to flee and then she phoned to the police. They have picked her up. This was in Vinkeveen. When you ask me if I have talked with her about this, then I say that [person 11] has told me about this. She has also pressed charges.
[Person 11] has told me that he had pushed a bottle in her lower torso. This is separate from what I told above.
With "Lul", [person 11] meant her husband. That was a strange name according to her. That was his name according to her. She said that this was his real name, only "Lul". When her husband phoned, he always said, "With the husband of [person 11]". (comment by Donkey: “lul” means penis in Dutch)

5. Report by police officers (March 16, 2006):

On March 16, 2006 around 22.55, we have paid a visit to the Trompettersteeg 5/5 in Amsterdam, the work address where [person 11] was active as a prostitute. [Person 11] indicated that she did want to stop but wasn't able to do this because she was very afraid that her pimp would search for her. She stated that the group around her, was able to find her everywhere. The pimp of [person 11] is [YC], born [1980] in [place of birth]. She absolutely didn't want to testify against her pimp [YC]. It was clearly visible that she was very afraid. She was nervy, she constantly looked anxiously around her and she repeatedly said that she wasn't able to talk because otherwise "they" could hear it. She repeatedly stood up, cried every now and then, and she sweated.

(Comment by Donkey: obviously they mean [Pehlul T] with [YC], but that is a false name she gave)

6. Report by a police officer (May 26, 2006):

On April 27, 2006 [person 11] came to the police office in Mijdrecht. She was very emotional and she cried. She shouted that she wanted to press charges and wanted to go to a Blijf-van-mijn-lijfhuis (comment by Donkey: that's a shelter for battered women, a stay-off-my-body house). She stated the following.
I have a relationship with [Y]. I fell in love with him. I know that his brother is named [Monti]. I live with him in a bungalow in Vinkeveen. When I entered into a relationship with him I started to work in prostitution in Amsterdam. At a certain moment I was forced by [Y]. He then said that I had to do this work for another year and then I was allowed to stop. I earn between 600 and 700 euro per day and I have to hand that over to him. I am left with completely nothing. [Y] is always with me and when I am working there are a sort of bodyguards who guard me. When I have to go to my work I am picked up by an unlicensed taxi driver, Mohammed. I have physical problems because of this work: I suffer a lot from stomachache and I'm beaten very often by [Y]. Last time, that was with a baseball bat on my upper leg, I had enormous bruises because of that. He also beat me with his fists on my head, which caused me to get enormous bumps and with the flat of his hand on my ears which had the result that I can hear less now. He regularly kicks and beats my dog because he knows that he hurts me with this. He beat me multiple times today against my head with his fists. I felt pain. He has threatened me multiple times that he would administer a drug overdose to me if I would leave him. I ran away three weeks ago to aunt [person 72]. He picked me up there again and he completely beat me up at home. I had to blow dope then, because he knew I start to feel sick because of that. He has also threatened me with a knife on my throat.
During the conversation with me, police officer, [person 11] was phoned multiple times on her mobile phone. I understood that she had [Y] on the phone. I took her telephone and I spoke with him. I could hear that he asked multiple times with an urgent voice in which police office [person 11] was. At the end [person 11] didn't want to press charges. She wanted that the police knew what was going on, because she was afraid that something would happen to her in the future.

7. A report by police officers (May 4, 2006):

On May 1, 2006 around 13:15 we received a report about a woman who supposedly was maltreated by her husband in bungalow park Buitenborch in Vinkeveen. We got and maintained contact by telephone with her until we arrived there. She was very emotional and she cried intensely. She sounded as if she was in panic and very frightened. After arrival we saw that she had hidden herself behind a waste disposal tanker. The woman had large swellings in her face, blue-purple coloured skin around her eyes, blood dripped from her mouth and nose, there was dried up blood on her lip and her lips were red and swollen on several places. She identified herself with a passport as [person 11], born [1982] in [birthplace]. She told that she had been beaten up by her boyfriend. She told that she was active in prostitution in the Trompettersteeg in Amsterdam, her boyfriend was her pimp and she had to hand over all her earned money to him. She furthermore states that he threatened to do something to her aunt, of whom he knew where she lived.

8. The testimony of [person 11] (May 1, 2006):

The man whom I speak about is named [Y]. He is of Turkish descent and originally comes from Germany. He makes use of a false passport. Today around 9.30 he started to maltreat me. He also did that on April 27, 2006. Then I had told a story at the police in Mijdrecht because he had also beaten me that day. Then I didn't dare to press charges. This morning he beat me with a bat and tied me up with electricity wire and he used a knife on me. He has stabbed/pierced me on the backside of my legs. During recent times I repeatedly had a knife on my throat. The beating with the bat has caused injury: the doctor says that I have multiple broken ribs and I am fully covered with bruises. [Y] has also raped me this morning. I had to completely undress when he beat me. Then he inserted a little bottle of the brand Smirnoff Ice into my vagina. Later on he smashed that little bottle to pieces in the room. He raped me more often. He wants to have sex with me three times a week against my will. If I don't want sex he does it anyway and he beats me up. He demands that I work six days a week. When I refuse then he beats me up. He takes my money from me and he beats me when I don't earn enough. Four months ago he beat me in our house with a bat even worse than now and I simply had to work after that. That's also what I did. He has maltreated my dog multiple times by kicking and beating him. He also threw him against the wall in the house and he once stabbed him in the side with a knife. He knows that he hits me extra hard when he does something to the dog.
[Y] is a member of an organisation who has women working in prostitution for them in all large cities in the Netherlands and in Germany.

9. A report by a police officers (May 2, 2006):

On Tuesday, May 2, 2006 we, police officers, saw that the face of [person 11] was swollen and red, she was short of breath and we heard that she had pain in her face but not elsewhere in her body because she had medicines administered to her. [Person 11] stated that she was very afraid of [Y] and his friends. He supposedly has said that he is willing to be in jail for seven years, but that they would find her. She supposedly should pay him 240,000 Euro and then she would be rid of him. [Y] has threatened to kill her, just like [K], about whom [person 11] states that that person died of a drug overdose. Yet he had already tried to let her snort so much cocaine and drink so much alcohol so that she would drop down.

10. A report by a police officer (June 16, 2006):

On May 1, 2006, I, technical investigator at the politie Utrecht have started an investigation in the house of [person 11] in Vinkeveen. On the plywood floor in the kitchen I saw trails of blood. On other spots in the house I saw drops of blood. In the trash bin in the kitchen lay a demolished Smirnoff Ice bottle. In the washbasin lay a demolished kitchen knife with a plastic handle, the blade was crooked, bits of pieces were missing which laid on the ground. In the bedroom on the bed lay a leather belt and next to the bed a piece of electricity wire in which a loop had been made.

11. The testimony of [person 53] (March 3, 2006):

I work as a prostitute on De Wallen in Amsterdam. I already know [person 11] for a month. Her boyfriend and pimp is [Y], a brother of [Monti]. She is fed up of being with him, but she doesn't dare to go away. [Person 11] would happily have girlfriends but that isn't allowed by [Y]. I have spoken with [Y] a month ago and I have said that I have no bad plans regarding [person 11], but only want to talk a little. [Y] said that [person 11] isn't there to talk, but that she has to work. I have said to [Y] that I know that he has phoned to me two times during the night with the telephone of [person 11]. [Person 11] told me that she had to hand over all her earned money and her savings to [Y]. He wants to buy a car. She also pays the rent of a house in Vinkeveen. She told that lately she has been beaten with a baseball bat by [Y].

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

15. A report of police officers (August 29, 2007):

In the car en route to the hearing of the witness, [person 11] told us the following. I had to marry in Turkey with [suspect Pehlul T]. He is the brother of [suspect Nuri T]. The one who is in jail actually is [YC]. He is a friend of them and he has given his passport to them. My husband is in Turkey and has no passport. Two days ago I still had contact with my husband. He said that he wanted to come to the Netherlands again. He's the man who has beaten me up the previous year. [Person 111] is the only bodyguard that remains on De Wallen. He also keeps an eye on me. When I have a client, he immediately passes it on. [Person 28] and [person 111] has taken the money away from me that I earned recently. This happened at [person 28]'s home, last Thursday. It was 8000 euro. They said that I wasn't allowed to talk with the police, or else they would kill me.

(Comment by donkey: I now switch to LJN BP5092 again)

Means of evidence for fact 2 ([person 5])

1. A report by police officers (June 21, 2007):

On June 21, 2007 in the police office in Schiedam, we, police officers, spoke with a woman who stated to us to be named: [person 5]. She stated that during a certain period she had been the girlfriend of [suspect Nuri T]. Out of fear of reprisals towards her or her family she cannot give a statement at this moment.

2. The testimony of [person 53] (October 26, 2009):

I know from [person 5] that she, after she broke off with her boyfriend, she has been for a short while with my ex-boyfriend [person 110]. It is customary that you pay if a girl goes from one man to the other.

3. A report by police officers (May 2, 2006):

[Person 11] states that [person 5] was a girlfriend of and worked for [suspect Nuri T]. [Person 5] has gotten a gastric bleeding a short while ago caused by one of the maltreatment by [suspect Nuri T]. Shortly after this, [person 5] already had to go to work in prostitution again.

4. The testimony of witness [person 11] (February 3, 2010):

Photo 13.
This is [D] (the court determines: [person 5]). Regarding her, I have saved her life. You say that you see that I have tremblings. That's right. This girl ran away with another pimp. This obviously wasn't allowed.
[Suspect Nuri T] had found her. He has beaten her at my home until she bled. I went with her and [suspect Nuri T] to the hospital. Something had snapped in her stomach. She had a blood vessel broken or something which had the result that a lot of blood came into her stomach. She kept going on her feet with that. A couple of days later, during work, I have kicked down her door. She then was lying on the floor. [Person 5] first was together with [suspect Nuri T]. She then ran away with this pimp. She has been away for more than one and a half years. After this, she has been together again with [suspect Nuri T] when he has found her.
I have worked together with [person 5] when I worked in the Trompettersteeg (the court understands: in Amsterdam). I already worked for a year then. I got to know her at the moment that [suspect Nuri T] had found her and he had beaten her in my house.
[Person 5] has told me herself what happened prior to that. With the other pimp she had been in Antwerpen and in Brussels, there she has worked. She was on the run with that pimp from [suspect Nuri T]. It so happened that he had to pay to [suspect Nuri T] for her. It was obviously not allowed that he took her with him like that.
At a certain moment she was fed up with fleeing and she wanted to see her family. She went to Amsterdam. She said that she didn't want to wait until he would find her and that's why she phoned to [suspect Nuri T]. [Suspect Nuri T] has picked her up and took her with him to Vinkeveen and there he beat her in our home. Obviously she had to work again after that. She had to pay off the money. When you run away with another pimp then you incur a sort of debt. She told me that she had to pay off 50,000 euro.
She has said to me that he has beaten her. I did see that she had blood in the face. I have also seen that there was blood on my dog. She also had blood on her clothes and on the carpet.

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

Means of evidence for fact 3 ([person 17])

1. A report by a police officer (July 31, 2007):

On October 26, 2005, [person 17] stated to me, police officer, that he originates from a group which occupies itself with trafficking in women. He had fallen in love with [person 5], who works in prostitution for [suspect Nuri T]. He had taken [person 5] away from [suspect Nuri T].
[Suspect Nuri T] now demands 30,000 euro from him. He says that he doesn't have the money and if he would pay it, his life still isn't safe. [Suspect Nuri T] has threatened to come at his door. At the end of the conversation, [person 17] had a conversation with [suspect Nuri T]. [Person 17] asked if they could solve the problem in a normal way. [Suspect Nuri T] said that he wanted to have the money. He said: "you or me dies". I, police officer [person 49], who listened via the loudspeaker mode to the mobile telephone of [person 17], have heard this.
I, police officer, had asked [person 17] what the mobile number of [suspect Nuri T] was. Before he could answer that, I saw the number in the display with which he phoned in my presence, that is 06-xxxxxxxx. [Suspect Nuri T] was supposedly around 30 years old and had his birthday in April or May.

2. The testimony of [person 17] (August 6, 2007):

I have my reasons not to testify anymore, also at this moment. Now it is calm. There has not been paid at that time.

3. A wiretapped telephone conversation between (A) [person 11] and NN woman on February 11, 2006, at 19.21 hours:

A: Hey listen, my husband found out that it is your number.
(…)
A: When you come working then I do talk to you through the window, but I cannot come inside with you. Because I am not allowed to speak with you anymore because they really are out for your husband your ex.
NN: They are searching, really.
A: Yes. They are searching, if they will get him. They want to put pressure on you.
NN: They want to put me under pressure.
A: Yes but please say nothing you know that I say all this to you, because I then really will be killed you know.
NN: No sweetheart you don't have to be afraid of that, how do they want to do that then.
A: Yes I don't know that. I believe that if you go working and that they will just visit you then. He said that you where your ex is, you know and I have already said to him yes just let her alone you know. She doesn't have anything to do anymore with her ex. He says no way (interference).
(…)
A: No I don't know that. I simply believe when he sees you. Because if he tells me that your man has to pay something like 30,000 (thirty thousand) euro or something to his brother, you know, so yes. That is a whole lot of money.
NN: He has no business at all, my ex simply went away with that girl. That girl has chosen him herself also, you do know what I mean and I also find it bizarre that there is a sort of rule that if you go with another pimp…
Conversation is broken off.

4. A wiretapped telephone conversation between [person 53] and [person 17] on March 1, 2006 at 21.35:

[Person 53]: You let [person 5] visit your sick mother.
(…)
[Person 53]: Piss off, you. Cancer rotten you. With your dirty cancer whores that you always have had. (...) Now that [person 5]. You have fucking no taste, (…) and if you have problems, she then goes that 30,000 euro, she will cough that up.

5. The testimony of [person 53] (March 3, 2006):

I work since August 2003 on De Wallen. I know [person 11] since a month ago. Her pimp is [suspect Pehlul T]. I have spoken with [suspect Pehlul T] a month ago. [Suspect Pehlul T] asked me where [person 17] was, my ex. He seeks for that person because he has a relationship with [person 5], the former girlfriend of [suspect Nuri T]. I said that [person 17] was abroad. [Suspect Pehlul T] said that he would find him anyway. I later told [person 17] that I was approached by [suspect Pehlul T]. [Person 17] told me that [suspect Nuri T] searched for him for money. [Suspect Nuri T] wanted €30,000 from [person 17] because [suspect Nuri T] believes that [person 17] has taken away [person 5].

6. The testimony of [person 53] (March 7, 2006):

I know that [suspect Nuri T] believes that [person 17] owes him 30,000 euro, because [person 5] transferred from [suspect Nuri T] to [person 17]. It is customary in the world of prostitution that money is being paid then.

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

Means of evidence for fact 4 and 5 (participation in a criminal organisation)

(Comment by Donkey: I skip a bit here)

61. The testimony of [person 11], born [1982] (January 29, 2010, February 3 and March 3, 2010):

January 29, 2010
I met [suspect Pehlul T], fell in love with him and when I had sex with him one time I had to work in prostitution. I was 22 years old.
Photo 13 (the court determines: [suspect Nuri T]).
This is the big brother (the court understands: of [suspect Pehlul T]). When you ask me if he knew that I worked for [suspect Pehlul T], then I say: "Of course". He is his big brother. He knew everything. I would prefer not to speak about him. When you ask me why not, then I say that I am afraid of him. When you ask me why I am afraid of him, then I say that he has threatened me and also beaten me. That was when I still lived in Vinkeveen. I believe that it has been approximately 4 1/2 years ago (the court understands: halfway 2005). He has said to me that he would kill me, when something happens with his brother. They often held meetings. That was also in our home; at my and [suspect Pehlul T]'s place is what I mean then. During those meetings they spoke about information that they received from informants of the police. Because those meetings were also sometimes in our home, I knew many men by sight.
February 3, 2010
I belonged to a crew, to which belonged also a number of other girls. The girl on photo 21 belonged to another similar group. It was one big crew to which this group belonged. When the examining judge asks me, if one starts from this bigger group, there are more of these on De Wallen, then I say that De Wallen actually was one big group.
All those little men under [suspect Nuri T] and [suspect Saban B] then came to [person 32]'s home. That’s what I’ve seen, when I was in [person 32]'s home. They came there with girls to ask permission to [suspect Nuri T] and [suspect Saban B] if they were allowed to work on De Wallen. They had to pay for that. When you ask me how I knew that these men had to ask permission to [suspect Nuri T] and [suspect Saban B] to let the women work there, then I say that I was there when it happened. So it was one big group with a whole lot of little subgroups. [Person 32] is a woman who went for a long time with [suspect Nuri T].
During the meetings in [suspect Pehlul T]'s and my home there was spoken about how to deal with certain situations, in Utrecht at the boats and also in Amsterdam. When you ask me in which sense this is related to the crews, then I say that at those meetings there always were different crews. Four times I have seen a meeting. Each time there was a different crew of men at a meeting. During the meetings [suspect Nuri T] and [suspect Pehlul T] were always present.
March 3, 2010
In the beginning when I met [suspect Pehlul T], I have lived for more than five months with him at [person 32]'s and [suspect Nuri T]'s place. [Suspect Saban B] often came there.

No comments: