Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A negative view

Main

Some quotes by a former prostitute from an article in the Dutch weekly magazine 'Mijn Geheim' ['My Secret'] (nr 8/19 2008) The 18 years old Vlinder meets Wessel and is forced / manipulated by him to work in a club. Remarkably Wessel has a good job, is married and has children. She has a very negative few about prostitution and prostitutes, but beware that all the information indicates she worked in only one single Dutch club (so not really representative).

DOSSIER - In de klauwen van loverboys - Vlinder wil weer vliegen... [File - In the claws of loverboys - Butterfly wants to fly again...]

(…)

The next day I went back and then I was a bit taken care of by a woman who worked here for quite a long time. She came from the world of swingers, with lots of varying sex contacts, and she made her hobby her work. She found it pleasant and on top of it she also could make a lot of money. She was one of the few women whom I met in those years who were there voluntarily. The others were all forced. Me too, I realise in hindsight. I was there because I couldn’t devise another way to get money and because Wessel manipulated me in that direction.

(…)

I became hardened because of my work. Prostitution is a very dirty branch of industry, where everybody succumbs. What happens is humanly disgraceful. You sustain scars which will never disappear. You also become rock and rock-hard because of it. I have experienced terrible things. I have seen boys [young men], heterosexual boys, who were forced into gay prostitution. Some didn’t know any other solution for their shame than to end their life. I had ninety year old guys who came by three times a week to do it with me. Then we talk about an age difference of almost seventy years. Whore-hoppers are jerks, jerks, all of them. The world of prostitution is one of those places where the upper world and the underworld meet each other. There were men who went with me in those dirty, stinking, dimly lit little rooms whom I later saw on television in the Lower House. Well known Dutch people who came by. Nice, a quick visit to a whore, quickly grab a girl. Disgusting. Hired assassins whose mugs you sometimes see in the newspaper, who went over me. A client who quickly, quickly raped me without a condom. ‘In about a month or six you know what kind of present I gave you!’ he shouted when he ran away. It was clear what he meant: only after six months it can be verified if you have HIV.
You also mustn’t have a romantic idea about the relationships between the girls. They are rock-hard for each other, every weakness is punished mercilessly. They all try to make as much money as possible with the littlest effort possible. You try to get the best clients for yourself and you send the beasts with the other girls to upstairs. What happens to them, at least spares you. You are alone, you have to do everything yourself. You don’t have a sense of time anymore, you live at night. After every client your soul crumbles further, but in the long run your grieve sinks away. Everything evolves around money.

(...)

Main

No comments: